Thursday, December 06, 2007

Journal enrty #25 12-06-2007

six days left!!!!!!
Yes sir, were done to the last giddy-up. As I rightI'm lets see, writing my next to last blog journal befor I copy them to my thesis book, backing up my compositing for EL Toro, since it decided to crap out the other night, and I'm doing seven renders over for one thing or the other. At this juction in time my thesis books are 75 percent done, and both of my pre-vis books are printed and ready to go. Know for the animation part of the journal, I'm redoing some renders after a few tweaks once again because I added a few frames and animation on to the extreme flip land, Patricia wanted some breathing room on the end when the cowboy whips back up. I ahn to fix the speed on the gate fall in the slap, that will be rendered over night, I added the bull licking his nose in the El Toro spots Rowdy shot, some sutle character stuff. I took out the dust, it looked like crap and I wanted this to be nice but from a consistancy stand point it did not flow with the rest of the piece. I wanted very much to have dust dancing up from around the feet of both characters but the crap-ass yellow stuff just did not cut it. I would have to render and re-render to get it right and I don't want to get grilled in the defense about dust that looks bad and all the time I spent trying to make it look good while in the mean time I could have been making the animation look better, directors choose I guess you call it. what else, Yes the schedule for the rest of the week looks like this, the rest of tonight , Thursday and tommoro, Friday will be just sily for animation fixing!!. Saturday morning will be a wrap on the animation, may be a little into the afternoon, will see. By at least 2 or 3 pm I want to be into the editing and composting deeply. I have been doing composting the who;e time I render, do a render, start a new shot, then composit the last shot into after effects and so on. Yesterday, Mike Cushny informed us that we must color-correct for the DVD out put for the monitor, so know for the icing on this cake, I must color correct every shot in AFX, inorder for it to be scene on the monitor, yes. So Saturday night I will be doing the color correction and the final composite inAFX then back into premerie for the final edit and sound check and then burn the movie. Well know that that sounds so much fun, heres the real kicker AFX 6.5 which I use at home does not have the "smpte-c" tv color correction support, ye ha. I had tp ask a friend of mine at school if he had the newer version of the software on him, lucky he had the newest version of adobe cs3 master collection, "thanks John" So be it to speak I came home last night and stayed up to 4:30 installing the newest software up dates so I can do color correction Sat and Sun. My schedule for next week in to be at school first thing Monday morning to burn the DVD in I DVD and do the test to make sure it works on the monitor in our defense room and that will be that. Tuesday I can then finish the book, do all the last printing writing and last of the juornal updates, and what ever else that comes up between know and then. Thats about it for tonights update, I now have to work on my post thesis crit on myself , sort of a work in progess so to speak, and set a few renders to do over night and get to bed arounf 12, I'm tired last night I was up all night, and I want to be fresh for fridays animation work. Well talk to you guys in a day or so with the next update.
-Ta ta Tom...
p.s. no pics will be posted this round, sorry need to fit all this in my thesis book

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home