Journal enrty #6 3-12-2007

It's spring break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been a few days since I posted anything but I took some days off for my mental health. What I'v been doing is gathering all my info for research and jotting it down as not to forget what I have been using to complete the project so it looks great. Right now I need to find a good rigging book to look at how to set up the characters so they work perfectly. I think I might even set up a meeting with Danny Williams,"Blue Sky" my character construction teacher and get some professianal input on how better to accomplish what I want to do. The rig in my opinion needs to work perfect so the animation looks perfect. On a great note, my animation class last week went very good, my feet worked, I guess thats means I'm working from the bottom up. It only took eight weeks for stuff to start to come toghther, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. For those interested I put up a graph below of a production pipeline that we should be closely following. I know that some people are sort of lost on how to produce their project and where they should be. I'm in this club myself at times, the production pipeline comes from the book "3D short film production" by Jeremy Cantor and Pepe Valencia, everyone should have this book from Misha's class Vis Lit So thats about it for now, I will be back to putting up regular postings this week, just needed the weekend off, plus "Siobhan" my girlfriend was looking at my cross-eyed, she's part German and Sicilian, my little "sour-kraut" see ya all next week..
-Best Tom

3 Comments:
This will actually prove highly useful, and thanks for reminding me about that book. Time to pull it off the shelf and crack it back open.
I agree about the book. i think we all need to step back and figure out where we are and where we should be going. Thanks for the reminder! Also, good job with your animation, I love when things work out. Good luck!
I have to say I'm still a little confused by your story. I've been trying to think why, and I've come to believe that it's because you don't really have a central character. It seems like Cody should be the main character but he doesn't really do anything until the second part of the piece. Rowdy seems to be more of an antagonist, yet it is his daydream we are experiencing, no? I also don't understand the part about the squirt gun.
Then again, I can be flaky when it comes to following stories. Maybe I just need to reread it a couple times.
Post a Comment
<< Home