Hey all, heres a couple of first round sketches of Rowdy Rusty and Cody. Big beer muscle guy with little kid, I'm happy with Rowdy the boy is not working for me, not innocent enough.
Your characters look great! They come so close to the old Warner Bros style, with the really exaggerated, rounded proportions. Do you have a design for the bull yet?
I wish I could give you some advice for making the kid look more innocent! More freckles? Maybe it would help to work from another angle so you could resolve his nose issues a little further? ... I don't know. Good luck, looks good so far!
3 Comments:
Your characters look great! They come so close to the old Warner Bros style, with the really exaggerated, rounded proportions. Do you have a design for the bull yet?
I wish I could give you some advice for making the kid look more innocent! More freckles? Maybe it would help to work from another angle so you could resolve his nose issues a little further? ... I don't know. Good luck, looks good so far!
I like the Rowdy style as well.
For Cody, perhaps consider giving him a little more torso and a little less legs.
Maybe you can make Cody snub-nosed, i.e. turn his nose up?
Post a Comment
<< Home