Sunday, July 22, 2007

Journal entry # 13 7-22-07

I just wanted to express what a great buy the Digital tutors DVD's were.
I viewed the animation disks and they are great. They lessons were on how to aniamate a quad-ped and for that they used a horse. The great thing is that a horse is built very similer to that of a bull, four leggs excluded. Just how simple it is and they did it all in under four hours of lessons. I think the best points were made in using the graph editor which I still dread. The instructor gave some secrets the Nick and Lief did not. Out of the whole 25 lessons that were explained and all were awsome the best was a bonus that went over how move the character foward on a run cycle which I had no idea how to do. Just using some simple infinity and post infinity cycles I could move my character all over the screen, this will save so much time when the bull has to chase Rowdy around the ring. One last tip on the dvd was to study Eadweard Muybridge’s Motion Studies. After some googling I found some studies, the best was that of a Bison running which is very close to that of a bull. There is a seris of j-pegs and a small q-time to use as a referance. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase, next up is the rigging dvd pack. i think that I will puchase a few more dvd's on animation techqiues that will come in very handy. On the thesis front, not much was done this weekend, just watching the dvd packs, That I suppose will accomplish more in the end by saving time by doing the rigging and animation right thr first time and learning some time saving short cuts. The next few weeks the production of EL Toro will be kicking into high-gear. August is almost here and stuff needs to be done, looking at 15 hour days starting up. thats it for this update will post again in a couple of days, I want to do some test animation over the next day or two.

-best Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home