Journal enrty #17 9-30-2007


Hey there all,
Well it's the last day of Sept, and today is a very big day. I'm starting full production of the animation, blocking, to be exact. The last few weeks have been very productive, I'm set with the story. I'm down to 25 shots from my original 3000 or so at the beginning. I'm happy with what I have but I think I'm in big trouble as it goes with the time left for production. I have starting today 8 weeks to get a minute and 15 seconds worth of animation done!!! Then comes editing which as it looks now, I will only have a few days to do. Right now I'm really considering dropping the thesis class, before review. I saw what happen to the animators at last review, Getting their ass handed to them. If I do that this sesmster will go down as blocking and poseing for all the shots, and the Winter semster will be the polishing up and finished product. I truly belive that there should be two pre-vise class's and the final class as the polishing class. Oh well live and learn. As for the last week I have a really, nice working bull rig, Digital Tutors did a great job on the Quad set up, I still need to do more rigging, heck I could have spent another month on that bull to get him working perfectly, GOD DARN paint weights. Today I'm working on the opening some and the slap, I need to get used to some of the controls on both characters, better to do it in the middle, then the very beginning , all the big studios seem to do it that way to give a great impression at the start of OH WOW. Thats about it for now, I need to do these darn journal entries more, just not enough time for everything. I think thats about every bodies thought right now. Take care all, and don't forget Charlie Browns "It's the Great Pumpkin" is on this month...
-Best Tom
ps. I got into Animation Mentor....
ps.2 a couple of prodution renders, really dark on blog sorry!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home